Key Autumn Winter Pieces
Now that we are well and truly into autumn, I wanted to pick out some of my favourite key AW16 pieces in my wardrobe. Investing in a good pair of boots is my number one must-do when it comes to autumn. If it was acceptable to wear boots all year round, I definitely would do. They’re so warm and comfortable, and not to mention practical for the colder and wetter weather. These I’m wearing here are an investment from Duo (now Ted & Muffy) and have lasted me well throughout the years. Paired with my suede effect Primark button up skirt, which is something that’s come out time and time again for my autumn wardrobe. A basic turtle-neck t-shirt from New Look and faux leather jacket from H&M, with my scarf from Primark.
With autumn being my favourite season of the year, it’s definitely my favourite for colours too. There’s something about wearing golds and deep browns and purples which make everything feel so much cosier. Roll neck fluffy jumpers and toasty boots, to styling a faux fur stole and a good wrap around scarf.
Favourite Things To Do In Autumn
- Cosy up under a blanket
- Watch the stars around a campfire
- Toast marshmallows
- Drink hot chocolates at every opportunity
- Wear knitted and fluffy socks to bed
- Warming your toes by the fire
- Having it finally become acceptable to have the heating on
- Crunch leaves under your feet
- Go on winter walks with crisp air
- Knowing that there’s a chance of snow coming
- Shop the new A/W season in stores
- Burn seasonal candles
- Watch the fireworks on Bonfire Night
- Eat caramel apples
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween
- Go camping or enjoy a lodge weekend away
- Have a movie night
What’s your favourite thing to do in autumn?